Eastern Shore Chapel Welcomes You!
This congregation celebrates God’s love at work in our lives and in the world. Eastern Shore Chapel Episcopal Church is an open and affirming congregation, welcoming into the full life and ministry of the church persons of every race, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic status. We commit to model a community of faith and spirit that works toward openness and understanding, offering justice, healing and wholeness of life for all people. If you are looking for a Christian community where you can express a growing faith, we invite you to grow with us. We are a parish committed to service, worship, and education.
We are in the Diocese of Southern Virginia. We are a loving parish of caring Christians concerned about each other, our neighbors and the world. Our worship is meaningful, our music is rich with tradition. Our Episcopal heritage is important to us. Our services are a blend of traditional and contemporary styles. We love the Book of Common Prayer, especially Rite II. We value Christian Formation and have strong programs for children, youth and adults. We are committed to outreach in our community and the world. We are a safe haven where God’s healing can take place. We are devoted to young people, both in church activities and in support of our Parish Day School.
We welcome you to Eastern Shore Chapel Episcopal Church.
Many words could describe who we are:
- We are a fairly large church – with about 800 adults and children.
- We are an active church – with programs, groups, activities and events for people of all ages and interests.
- We are a sacramental church – with the celebration of Eucharist basic to most of our worship services.
- We are a Christ-centered Episcopal church – rooted in scripture, tradition and reason and respectful of, and strengthened by, our differences
- We are a faithful church – a loving community of support and spiritual growth as devoted stewards of God’s many blessings who use God’s gifts to serve the needs of our community and world
- We are an inclusive church – everyone is welcomed here regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, socio-economic group, etc. Jesus welcomed everyone and so do we!